Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Flip this pattern: Flip #2






Of all my planned flips, I am really happy that I got this one done. I had a lot of fun with this one!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/175729343/colorblock-dress-pattern-and-tutorial?



Once again, starting with my Colorblock dress pattern, I used the lining pieces from the original pattern to redraft this little jacket/bolero.


I changed the back to a solid piece and the front was cut down the center. I added a layer of batting between the outer and lining fabrics and quilted the entire thing.




I used a soft felted wool for the outer and a organic white and yellow floral cotton for the lining. I had some extra yellow lined bias binding from Flip #1, that used to bind the edges and neckline


I love the modern feel to this bolero



A little something to cover up the arms, or to wear layered for added warmth.


I really love how the quilting gives it an outerwear look, without being too heavy


~ Christine





1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! I love making boleros, but my daughter hardly wears them after the fact. Hope yours gets lots of use out of this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...